GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Business Analyst – Lending I functions as a business/conversion analyst to work on both IT and non-IT lending-related projects. Provide project and analytical support to assigned business line(s) and/or functional area(s). Performs enterprise research, analysis, review, development, implementations, data conversion, and monitoring of new and/or revised products, processes, or services. Acts as a liaison between business units directly or indirectly impacted. Compiles and analyzes information and costs for an assigned project or area, and provide recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Gather information from impacted business units to determine product, process, or service establishment and/or conversion to meet business needs. Provide recommendations throughout the project. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
2. Gather requirements to architect detailed technical/solution requirements and workflow documentation, identify key challenges. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
3. Communicate with technical and nontechnical stakeholders throughout project to ensure desired results are achieved. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
4. Create and/or update project documentation. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
5. Perform detailed project deliverables. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. Design test scripts and assist in testing prior to project roll out. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
7. Support business units during project roll out/feature implementation. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
8. Works with third party vendors when applicable. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
9. Create data mapping to show exactly how every field of information will be converted. Share data mapping with affected business units and others as appropriate to ensure a successful conversion. Refine mapping through iterative validation. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
10. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
11. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 7 to 11 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Other, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database, Presentation/PowerPoint
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; regularly required to walk, sit; frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms; an. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience with enterprise wide project activities from a lending point of view.
- Familiarity of Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.
- Detailed knowledge of daily lending activities.
- Ability to communicate well in implementation and/or conversion meetings and with all level of
employees and management.
- Proven time management capability.
- Working knowledge of computer operations and network environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining good relations with coworkers.
- Ability to coordinate and negotiate with all levels of management and employees.
- Situational awareness is key. Judgment and discretion are primary components of a success in day-to-day activities.
- Ability to prioritize and switch focus from project to project quickly
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
my100bank.com (click careers)