GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position will direct and monitor the overall operations of the Loan Operations and Loan Servicing Departments. These departments maintain operational lending activity from loan origination to payoff. Oversight of these departments includes but is not limited to the following: change management, budgeting, staffing, vendor relations, corrective action, compliance requirements, risk management and adherence to company policy/procedure(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains change management for departmental policies and practices.
2. Maintains annual retention plan and course action for Loan Servicing and Loan Operations to update/review departmental procedures.
3. Reviews/updates annual SOX narrative for Loan Servicing and Loan Operations.
4. Responsible for escalating departmental issues to upper management when necessary.
5. Serves as policy, compliance and legal support for departmental issues.
6. Communicates to the CLO's and related departments regarding changes in Loan Operations and Loan Servicing.
7. Oversees and maintains budgeting for Loan Operations and Loan Servicing.
8. Requests projects to maintain compliance, policy and/or quality control when necessary.
9. Responsible for the annual review of Loan Operations and Loan Servicing Managers.
10. Responsible timely clearing of audit tracking log findings for Loan Operations and Loan Servicing.
11. Completes BSA/AML training and all other training as assigned.
12. Monitors (but not limited too) Small Servicer Exemption Report & Holiday Skip a Pay Program.
13. Responsible for reviewing new regulations and responding to the Risk Management Liaison regarding regulatory change and how it impacts Loan Operations and Loan Servicing.
14. Primary contact for bank examiners and the Risk Management Liaison when necessary.
15. Primary contact for Internal Audit, Compliance or other related departments for reviews of Loan Operations and Loan Servicing.
16. Responsible for maintaining that Loan Operations and Loan Servicing provide adequate and timely audit responses.
17. Maintains overall audit response process for Loan Servicing & Loan Operations.
18. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner.
19. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 8 years related experience and/or training, and 4 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to read, analyze, and understand the most complex documents; Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style; Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Human Resources Systems, Presentation/PowerPoint
Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
Paid holidays and vacation
Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
my100bank.com (click careers)